We are sad to be leaving Austin, but Illinois sure is nice in the summer. Urbana-Champaign is a nice, quiet town with a lot of parks and about 100 thousand people - greater than half of which are affiliated with the university. The city is also decidely less ghetto than many towns of similar size in the South, so we have that working for us. We have found a nice house to rent in a good neighborhood and, when I move the rest of our stuff up there this week, I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them.
For those of you who missed it: Gabby and I have finally transcended the pathetic salaries of graduate students and, with the winds of recently-earned Ph.D.'s behind our sails, we are now earning the slightly less pathetic salaries of postdoctoral research associates. To think, 10+ years of a college education and we're still not in the 6 figures. The payoff is, we have some of the coolest jobs in the world, and we look forward to going to work everyday.
But enough of my fiscal tomfoolery. The real news concerns our lovely daughter Maggie, who continues to immeasurably enrich our lives every day. Gabby has informed me that she now says "ca" whenever she sees cats. Adding this to "da-da-da-da" and "muh-muh," it is clear that her lexicon will soon expand to include two (and perhaps three) syllable words. We are waiting anxiously for her to begin talking and I have a feeling that it will start happening really soon. Below, I've posted a few pictures from our last trip to Gran and Papa's in Houston.
First, a few from Chuck-E-Cheese:
Finally, a couple of videos. She is now old enough to be coached into doing impossibly cute things.
And the Grand Finale - entitled: Bad Gran
2 comments:
Chris, you are officially the new blogger. Your descriptions are way better than mine so I am passing the torch.
What can I say, my elocution is flawless.
Post a Comment