Sunday, September 2, 2012

Tahquamenon Falls, MI

Before leaving the Upper Peninsula, we took a short drive from the Newberry KOA to Tahquamenon Falls. It was a nice little state park with a couple of easy hiking trails that led to the upper and lower falls.




The upper falls were pretty cool.....


...but Maggie wasn't too impressed.




Here's Maggie chilling out by the campfire at the Newberry KOA.


Finally, on our way out of the UP, we stopped at a gas station in Ironwood, MI. Next to the pumps was a little pond and a park. I tossed a panther martin in there and look what I caught!

(It's a northern pike, in case you couldn't tell). In a few days, I'll finish off our vacation blogging with some lovely pictures of our exploits in Northern Wisconsin, including our stay on the awesome Chippewa Flowage. Also on the horizon: Opening Day of Dove Season in Illinois.

No comments:

Lucie Gymnastics Demo

 Lucie demonstrating her many gymnastics skills....