Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Thibodeaux Tradition

For all Thibodeaux children, a distinct privilege of turning three (and of being potty trained) is the opportunity to catch your first fish. Since she had fulfilled these two requirements, I bought a mini fishing pole for Maggie and some shiners and we walked down to the pond in the park near our house. We sat under a nice shady tree and tossed a cork out. After a few minutes (and on the first shiner, I might add) Maggie caught her first fish - a little sac-au-lait (or crappie to these northern folk). She had a little trouble reeling it in (I guess I should have gone with the cane pole rather than the left-handed spinner reel), but otherwise, she did pretty good.
After some cajoling, she finally agreed to hold her fish up for me.

No comments:

Lucie Gymnastics Demo

 Lucie demonstrating her many gymnastics skills....