Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Christmas Break

I have fond memories of spending Christmas Break in the marsh duck hunting.  In an attempt to re-live our glory days of old, Scott and I headed out to Johnson's Bayou on a recognisance mission to scope out some ponds that opened up in the marsh.  The walk was tough, but sunrise on the marsh was nice.


There wasn't much to shoot at, but at least Scott and I had time to catch up.


The only thing that flew in range was a flock of six spoonbills.  Both Scott and I unloaded (knowing full well what we were shooting at), yielding the lone kill of the day:


The hunting in Longville was a little better, thanks in part to the corn feeder on dad's property.  Over the course of the week, I shot 8 or 9 squirrels and about as many doves - enough for a nice pot roast that we prepared and ate with Gabby's family in Corpus.  On the last afternoon that I hunted (Christmas Eve), I shot two squirrels about an hour apart.  When I went to pick them up, this is how I found them:


In a few years, I'll have to take Bea along with me.  She's not too fond of the sound of gunshots, but she does like the woods.




We'll have more pictures from Christmas and Corpus shortly.

No comments:

Lucie Gymnastics Demo

 Lucie demonstrating her many gymnastics skills....