Sunday, November 23, 2014
Fall Picture
Sorry for the blogging interruption. Things have been busy around here. After the elk hunt (we bagged a total of three, and I took home about 150 pounds of prime meat), I had to come back to Champaign and prepare for a job interview in the Chemistry Department at the University of Michigan. I thought the interview went very well, but I'm sure they will be interviewing several other highly qualified candidates. From the research going on in the department, I think it would be a great fit, so I'll be keeping my finger crossed. I have another interview in a couple of weeks at the Scripps Research Institute in Florida. It's a pretty top notch place in terms of research, but I've heard it's very tough to run a lab there because it is 100% funded through external sources (i.e. there are no students, so if you don't have grants, you have to leave to make space for someone else). I'll keep everyone posted on the job situation.
Here are some pictures we took at the Japan House in Urbana about a month ago during peak fall colors. We have many more pictures that I'll cull through later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Chris and I have the worst luck ever. Just when we are actually saving money a fraking hail storm comes through Austin and decides to take o...
-
Check out these moves, folks.
1 comment:
Just too lovely for words
Post a Comment