Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Our little bookworm....
Maggie signed up for her 1st library card at the Austin public library. Since it is too hot for my little baby we attend storytimes at various locations throughout Austin. Here she is reading some checked out books. Also, we check out fun kid songs as well and then I download them to my itunes. We are going to jail over stealing kid songs.

Often times she does not pay attention to the story (Barnes and Nobles storytime)

2. Since babies grow out of clothes so fast. I have been using Maggie's old dresses as shirts because they are too cute to put away. And who knew that putting outgrown baby clothes away in storage would be so sad :( So I try and prolong it as much as possible.

newborn




12 months

3. Her last month sticker :( What am I going to do next month. She's growing up too fast.
at least she knows how to build using blocks. I think she is a bit advanced ;P
4. Getting into trouble. By the look of her face she already knows she's up to no good.


5. Our friends are moving away within a week so we celebrated her birthday a tad early. I thought it was a nice time for Maggie to observe and learn how to hit a pinata.
The classic swing...
the chop...
the backhand swing...
and the stare of death...
Not sure what Maggie is doing, but these girls are darlings :)

6. The Houston Zoo. Yes we are officially crazy for attempting to hit up the zoo during the Texas summer heat. I had fun though and Maggie was a trooper in the heat :) Although I am pretty sure I been to a zoo before I hardly remember anything. My favorite were the baby giraffes. They put their head down to look at us. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want them to leave. Here are the animals we did get photos of.

Just arriving...


Maggie doing what she does best (staring at complete strangers)

temporary relief from the heat (inside a/c observing the aquatic creatures)....
meeting the orangutan...

more heat relief (inside the reptile building)...

7. After very little debate, we decided to head over to the museum/butterfly exhibit (which happens to be completely indoors).




8. Just hanging out with Gran.
9. The nose squint smile (also known as her evil smile), which occurs more than I like.

10. Walk-a-thon

Enjoy....

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

OMG, what a post! I miss you guys. I like the pinata commentary...that was awesome. I also liked the newborn vs 1-year pic. How did you find the same top? or was it the same top?

Lucie Gymnastics Demo

 Lucie demonstrating her many gymnastics skills....